About Jefferson Park Forward
Jefferson Park Forward is a new, active neighborhood association in Jefferson Park, Chicago, IL whose mission is to support and revitalize our community. Through a commitment to supporting and hosting neighborhood events, highlighting local businesses and attractions, along with fundraising in support of local charities, Jefferson Park Forward seeks to be a voice for positive change throughout the community.
Jefferson Park Forward is committed to the revitalization of our community. We:
- Embrace an open-minded approach to new ideas and proposals.
- Support development that is transit-oriented and supports a robust downtown Jefferson Park.
- Understand and measure the evolving needs of the community to best grow and sustain a thriving neighborhood economy.
- Seek to nurture the growing and lively arts scene.
- Hope to represent the voices of the residents of Jefferson Park.
By engaging residents and facilitating participation, Jefferson Park Forward will encourage and support activities to benefit the community through economic and neighborhood development, a pedestrian-friendly downtown area with shopping and cafes, and social and civic events.
- Increase the beauty of our community via beautification projects, including gardening and landscaping projects, recognizing good neighbors and businesses that support us in this effort
- Bring the community together to learn about local issues and share local concerns in a friendly and safe environment
- Serve as the voice of our members and supporters in representing ourselves to elected officials
- Provide opportunities for the diverse people of Jefferson Park to socialize, meet their neighbors and engage in their community
- Support local charities and partner with local businesses and other groups in the service of creating a better Jefferson Park
Jefferson Park Forward is represented by a nine-member Board of Directors. Our Officers and
Ryan Richter – President
Rolando Rodriguez – Vice-President
Robert Van Hook – Treasurer
Marie MacDonald – Secretary
Dennis Davis – Director
Ozden Esme – Director
Douglas Grom – Director
Heidi Osterhout – Director
Sam Wertime – Director
Our working committees help Jefferson Park Forward fulfill our mission and meet our vision. The committees operate across a variety of interests and activities. They are:
- Bylaws – Marie MacDonald, Chair
- Community Development – Dennis Davis, Chair
- Fundraising & Service – Sam Wertime, Chair
- Livability & Attractiveness – Marie MacDonald & Doug Grom, Co-Chairs
- Marketing – Andrea Mitchell, Chair
- Social & Events – Rolando Rodriguez, Chair